Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I will judge a book by its cover

The other weekend I had the pleasure of meeting my Dad for breakfast at Pancake Pantry. After filling up on the Sweedish Pancakes and my personal favorite, the French Toast with side of crispy bacon, we headed over to Borders to see if we could catch some deals on books. My parents, avid bird watchers, were looking for some books to use for their backyard pleasure and travels to the mountainous East Tennessee. My dad found 7 or 8 books that he found interesting, and eventually narrowed it down to three. They were great deals that he just couldn't pass up. Meanwhile, I headed over to the photography section to see if I could be as fortunate to find something brilliant and inspiring for 70% off. Since I would like to get more involved in photography this year (as professed in my new year's resolutions), I was hoping they'd have some helpful books. Much to my dismay, there were so many with hideous covers. I was perplexed! Photographers, of all people, should have an eye for this sort of thing! If it wasn't technically boring, say with a picture of a camera on the cover, it bordered on overly complicated justaposition of 80's pinks and greens with randomly displayed photos. I'm ashamed to admit this, (because I don't believe it transfers to other areas of my life but you never know...), but I hesitate buying a book if the cover isn't to my liking; I just prefer not to add it to my library! :)


That said, i found one that seemed really interesting. It wasn't on sale, and is cheaper on Amazon, but it is on my list for future purchase.

Check out Photo Op by Kevin Meredith

No comments: