Sunday, February 6, 2011

Publix boys

The roommates and I decided to have people over tonight for the superbowl because the purpose of living together was to enjoy the company of each other and our friends. So today after church, Katie and I set off to grocery shop for the occassion. It was a productive trip, and it ended with the best feeling ever. Not only did I load up a cart full of fruits and vegetables (some potato and leek soup is again on the menu for this week), but the checkout guys are soooo friendly. It just makes my day. The bagger was asking what I had planned for the evening, and I asked if he was getting off work to enjoy watching the game. They always offer to help take out the groceries, even if it's just one bag, which it wasn't this time. They are just so friendly and genuinely caring. I love it! I had the hugest grin on my face when I left. Then, as Kate and I headed toward the car, we just had to laugh at the sound of our carts going over each of the cracks in the sidewalk in unison as we followed each other. Something so small yet funny. The trip just made our days brighter.

Is it that simple...that we can make someone's day just by being a little bit brighter, a little bit friendlier, and to share a smile with a stranger?

No comments: