Tuesday, May 24, 2011

doilies and tassels

As a child and teen, I was adament that when I grew up I would have neither doilies nor tassels in my home. I didn't understand the concept of those little details in home decor, yet it never failed that my grandparents on my Linz side would have tassels and my grandparents on my Benda side would have doilies. 

Now, I'm starting to realize how little details can really personalize a space. While I vouched to never have doilies and tassels, I'm finding they've been slowly welcomed and introduced into my space as I've come to appreciate them. 

Albeit the closest thing I have right now to tassels are the felted pom borders on my pillows:


...and my Bare Escentuals Kabuki brush:




...but it reminds me of how I've adapted a less formal tassel of sorts.

Here are a few ideas I'd love to incorporate more into my space (in order):


  • Lace doily Earrings (featured on Etsy)
  • Doilies and crochet home decor (by Kara Paisley Designs for Anthropolgie)
  • Doily table runner (featured by Ashley Ann)
  • Doily DIY bag (featured by Ashley Ann)
  • Tassel garland
  • More tassel pillows








My how things change as the years go on. :)

No comments: