Saturday, March 19, 2011

antiquing

Today I shared another breakfast Saturday with my Dad, and we were joined by my Mom for her birthday. I'm so fortunate to have two parents who love breakfast as much as I do. After we went to Pancake Pantry, we walked around 8th Avenue for antique shopping at my Mom's request.

My two favorite places that we visited today were: 

Epiphany Design Studio 
2115 8th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37204-2203 
(615) 385-3289

Karmal-Skillington 
2019 8th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 
(615) 460-7197

Another go to favorite of mine (that we didn't visit today) is Nest Nashville near Music row:
Nest Interiors, LLC 
1200 Villa Place, Suite 112, Nashville, TN 37212
(615) 383-1511

I've had a hard time explaining my decorating style in the past, but I think the stable things that I love most are oversized pieces of furniture in their natural state (a bit of rustic) like Restoration Hardware except with comfortable linens like cotton and linen fabric in natural hues. I love carved pieces of art, lighting, and added color with pillows and such. I do have a little bit of country style that i like to incorporate as well, seen most with the deep reds, yellow greens, and blue shades. 

No comments: