Sunday, March 6, 2011

studio love

I am slightly obsessed with checking out art studio and design spaces. To me, it's a little like looking into one's soul because it reveals a lot about their personal style, their obsessions, their passions, whether they work best with organization or chaos, whether they work prescisely on one piece, act impulsively on many, or work on multiple pieces simultaneously. The list could go on and on.

My studio's wishlist would include:

large windows with plenty of natural light
painted cement floors
high ceilings with track lighting
multiple workspaces - easel, large sturdy table, tiltable drawing table, etc.
storage shelves galore for supplies and books
paper trays and maybe even an apothecary cabinet
a letterpress drawer for stamps and such
a thinking couch, probably one that's tufted
a good soundsystem since music can be inspirational
Ideally, mine would be, messy, functional, organized, and inspiring. Until that day when I can have an art studio of my own (and possibly even a library...I love those too), here are some pictures that make me very happy:



I also love the idea of this interactive wallpaper by Taylor & Wood for Graham & Brown in a studio.

















Maybe one wall of this wallpaper and another that's black chalkboard painted.

I can just imagine the endless possibilities...

1 comment:

Jason Hylton said...

I love that wallpaper. That could be a lot of fun.