Tuesday, May 10, 2011

the journey

Sometimes we invest our time and energy into something that just does not turn out the way we anticipate: my seed planting, for one. Perhaps I overwatered (we had a lot of rain), or there wasn't enough sun, or the permanent markers I used on the pots seeped through and poisoned the seedlings. In a world of disappointment, what is the best way to stay positive and hopeful for the future?

I find that with every failure, there is often the chance for growth and/or insight, and usually another opportunity is there. It may take you another direction than you expected, but the journey is the best part.

Even though I have given up on gardening for now (as I cheer on my mom and Sean for their gardening efforts), I think I might challenge myself to bake my first made-from-scratch pie.

No comments: