Sunday, October 14, 2012

English Muffin Bread

While looking for a bread recipe to make my first loaf of fresh bread for 30 before 30 goal, I ran across this recipe for English Muffin Bread. I didn't have 4 bread pans so I split into two. As such, the bread didn't rise quite as much so it was more dense. Still very delicious though! If I were to remake I would put into four pans instead.

Ingredients:
5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages rapid rise yeast
2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons sugar
11 cups bread flour

Mix ingredients all together, only enough to combine, then spoon into 4 well greased loaf pans. Let rise until dough reaches the top of the pans. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. 10 minutes before done, brush top with melted butter. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Recipe makes four loaves.







No comments: