Wednesday, January 5, 2011

thinking and dreaming of food...

Today I am inspired most by food and how amazing I feel after eating something delicious and satisfying (note: eating, not to be confused with OVER-eating!).

Below is a list of my favorite three soups, breads, and cheeses:

Sauerkraut soup
Potato and Leek soup
Cream of nearly anything soup that Sean's grandmother makes

Pecorino Romano
Frico Gouda
Montasio

Potato Bread
Babka
Asiago Cheese Bread

These are great fillers, but not the most nutritious in terms of fiber, vitamins, so on and so forth. In the new year, I'd like to incorporate more fruits and vegetables into my cooking. Specifically, I'd like to cook with more arugula, sweet potato, leeks, brussel sprouts, and possibly try quinoa.

A few recipes on my list to attempt are:

Coconut curry pot pie with sweet potato crust
Pork and sweet potato stew
Spiced cod wth broccoli quinoa pilaf

Mmm....this talking about food is making me hungry!

2 comments:

Nana said...

What happened to mom's famous "split pea soup"?

e.marie said...

I love your split pea soup as well!